The Steps to Becoming a Certified WBE
- Review the WBENC WBE certification criteria to make sure that your company meets the minimum requirements. Click here to review the requirements.
- Scan all required documents and submit the online certification application at www.wbenclink.org.
- When the WBEA receives your online application and the supporting documentation, an audit is performed by the certification staff. This audit ensures that you submitted all the necessary documents and information to continue the certification process. If you are missing any documents, you will receive an email notification.
- If your application is not complete within 90 days, your information will be deleted from the WBENC website. You will have to start the process over and you will forfeit your original processing fee.
- Once your certification application is complete, you will receive a notification letting you know that your application will be submitted for review by the Certification Review Committee.
- The CRC reviews every WBE certification application to ensure that the company meets the WBENC certification criteria. (The committee meets the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month). All committee members are trained by WBENC and sign a confidentiality agreement.
- After a file is reviewed by the CRC, you will receive an email notifying you that a WBEA representative will contact you to schedule your site visit. All companies are required by WBENC to complete an in person site visit with the woman or women business owners.
- After the CRC reviews your file and your company completes a site visit, the committee will recommend that your company is to be "Certified as a WBE", or that your company is "Denied" WBE certification status.
- The President reviews all of the applications, and gives the final approval to "Certify" or "Deny" the applicant based on the findings of the committee review and site visit.
- If "Denied", you have the opportunity to appeal the ruling at the local level, and a second opportunity to appeal at the national level.
- The certification process can take up to 90 days from when the WBEA receives a completed file.
- If you have any questions about the certifcation process, attend a How to Get WBENC WBE Certified session or email WBEA Certification Manager at email@example.com.
GET CERTIFIED! Apply Now!