"Strategies for Networking"
Learning and practicing strategic networking in an authentic networking scenario
Some would categorize networking as a necessary evil or a one-off activity that some do not like to indulge in. On the contrary, networking is an ongoing process to establish relationships and build credibility with others. Networked relationships result in profitable business deals, collaborations and partnerships.
Speaker Katie Mehnert will teach the basics of networking and give participants an opportunity to connect with others to begin, or further develop existing, networked relationships:
· definitions of networking, what it is and isn't
· key elements of successful networking
· understanding how brand and network success impact one another
· interactive practice to engage in new, or refresh existing, networked connections
By the end of this session, participants will:
· Understand what networking is and is not
· Practiced new ideas for networking as learned in the presentation
o how to create a network that aligns to your business
o what types of functions, roles need to be in your network
o map your current network, identify the gaps, ideas to fill the gaps
· Set an appointment for a follow-up network connection made in the session
60 minutes total
· 20 minute presentation
· 20 minute interactive networking rounds, table discussion on best-practices
· 10 minute debrief - allow participants to share their ah-ha's, wins or best-practices
· 10 minute thank speaker, announce upcoming events, hot-topics, close meeting
ü Participant handouts and/or presentation copies
ü $10 Starbucks door prizes - encourage follow-up networking connections or meetings
Friday, April 25, 2014
11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
WBEA Members $25*
*includes program materials, and lunch.
You must register by April 23, 2014 at 12:00pm.
There is no provision for late or on-site registration.
Due to facility security we may not admit unregistered guests.
Please note that for security purposes someone may not attend on your behalf. If there needs to be a name change on the registration it must be done 3 business days before the event. Unauthorized individuals will not be allowed admittance.